POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests : Re: Feature requests Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature requests
From: Alan Kong
Date: 12 Sep 2002 00:17:33
Message: <ca50oug9in4ok2qcctf7idj13upcp994ja@4ax.com>
On Mon,  9 Sep 2002 02:30:02 EDT Rohan Bernett wrote:

>Hopefully the POV-Team should be able to implement these in the next version
>(although it would be nice to have a little update for v3.5 adding the
>bicubic filtering).
>
>If anyone else gets any ideas, how about posting them in replies to this
>post? That would keep all the feature requests together, make things nice
>and neat.

  Traditionally, many patches are user-written (but not all!) and
custom-compiled for others to test, debug, and fine tune. If these
features prove popular and compatible with the official POV-Ray, we may
implement them. Please see docs section 8.2.3 - POV-Ray 3.5 Development.

  It is not always a simple matter as incorporating the patch code into
the official source - it sometimes requires much beta-testing and
rewriting of the patch code to ensure bug-free performance. Many of the
new features in 3.5 were thoroughly tested in MegaPov
http://www.nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm and other custom compiles.

  Personally, for the 4.0 re-write, I'm campaigning vigorously for extra
cupholders and a CD changer ;)

--
Alan
ako### [at] povrayorg